Building Your Retirement Fund Through Stock Investment
Seminar Fee: $35* / *Early bird price valid until 21 March 2019 (U.P.$40)
Most of us build our wealth through saving our employment income and investing it for income and capital gains. We do it by trial and error and stumble along. As a result, many do not achieve their goal of financial security when they retire. This seminar is an introduction to the proven method of building a retirement fund through value investing.
Mr. Puah Soon Lim, a Chartered Financial Analyst with more than 20 years of experience in the financial markets and wealth management, will share with participants his personal knowledge and experience in value investing. Through the use of online analysis tools and financial data freely available on the Internet, Soon Lim provides a hands-on learning experience. With Soon Lim’s set of easy-to-use tools, participants will learn the basics to manage their own equity investment portfolio with confidence so that their retirement financial goals may be achieved.
- Recognize the four main sources for building financial wealth, and the means that wealth may be destroyed.
- Identify the phase of life cycle employment income that the participant is in at the present moment.
- Estimate how much you really need save, invest and grow in your portfolio in order to achieve financial security at retirement.
- Use the formula of compounding growth confidently to project the growth of capital invested.
- Compare the relative attractiveness of stocks, bonds, precious metal and bank deposits as investment products.
- Distinguish the elements of luck and skill in investing.
- Recognize the three key components of an investment operation as explained by Benjamin Graham.
- Apply the concepts of through analysis, safety of principal and adequate return in value investing as a non-professional investor.
- Reflect on some helpful guiding principles of investing that will enable the participants to be disciplined in investing.
- Recognize the key components of an investment policy statement and write one that is appropriate for his or her investment objectives and risk profile.
Puah Soon Lim graduated from National University of Singapore with a Bachelor degree in Business Administration. Soon Lim has more than 20 years of experience in the financial and investment industries, spanning from money broking, merchant banking, bond sales and trading, investment planning, insurance sales and management of a wealth management sales team. His last decade was spent in a stock broking firm’s wealth management unit. He is currently Associate Director of an Independent Financial Advisor. He works with both individual and institutional investors to provide customised advice on optimal asset allocation. His extensive experience and thorough knowledge in wealth management enables him to break down difficult concepts into easy-to-understand components.
For further enquiries, please email email@example.com or call 6327-5438
(Operating Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm)
Terms and Conditions
Singapore Exchange reserves the right to make changes to the time, date, syllabus, speakers, venue or cancel the course if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
Cancellation for a registration must be made in writing at least 10 business days before the event and a refund (less a 10% administrative fee of total course fee) will be made. No refunds will be given for cancellations received less than 10 business days prior to the event. All requests for replacement must be made in writing at least 3 business days prior to the event.
Register online and make payment via credit card by clicking on the “Register” button.
Alternatively, you may wish to make payment by cheque, made payable to “SGX Academy Secretariat“. Please mail your cheque to the following address:
SGX Academy Secretariat
160 Robinson Road
Please provide your name, email, contact number, event title and date on the reverse side of the cheque. Enrolment is contingent upon receipt by Singapore Exchange of full payment and availability of space in the event. A confirmation note will be sent via email 10 business days before the seminar/course commences.