Essential Charting Knowledge
This course teaches the most essential knowledge of technical analysis. Without a strong foundation in the essential building blocks of charting, one risks building his trading campaign on a wrong footing.
This e-training programme comprises 4 modules and an assessment. Answer all quiz questions at the end of each tutorial in order to complete the training.
To gain a deep understanding of the essential building blocks of technical analysis whereby a successful trading campaign is built upon.
Module 1: Types of Charts
- Line Charts
- Bar Charts
- Candlestick Charts
- Arithmetic Scale Chart
- Semi-Logarithmic Scale Chart
Module 2: Dow Theory
- Dow Theory Principles
- Concept of Confirmation
- Primary Trend
- Secondary Trend
- Minor Trend
Module 3: Trend Analysis
- Defining Trends
- Drawing Trend Lines
- Internal Trend Lines
- Trend Channel
- Trading Range
- Role Reversal
Module 4: Chart Patterns
- Tops and Bottoms
- Island Reversal
The Financial Training Scheme (“FTS”) provides funding for financial sector-specific training programmes which are recognized under FTS. This scheme is only eligible for company-sponsored participants who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents, physically based in Singapore, and who have successfully completed a FTS programme. Financial Institutions (MAS licensed or exempt entities), involved in or supporting financial sector activities, are eligible to submit claims for company-sponsored participants.
IBF and MAS will enhance course fee subsidies for locals attending accredited or recognised courses up to 90%.
For more information, please refer to IBF website.
Terms and Conditions
1) You will receive the enrollment email within 2 business days after the payment verification. Payment verification will take 1-2 business days to verify upon successful registration. If you are new to Salmon Thrust online learning system, you will receive an additional invitation email to create your online account.
2) Access to the e-training materials is valid to the end of the calendar year.
3) This e-training programme takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete.
4) In order to qualify for Continuing Education credits from SGX, please complete all quiz questions found at the end of each tutorial (a 70% pass rate is required) by 31 December 2022.
5) If participants wish to make any changes to their application or request for a refund, written notice should be given within 10 business days of receiving the access ID and password to the online programme and provided the access has not been utilised. There will be an administrative fee of 20% of the fees paid. There will be no changes or refund if notice is given thereafter or if the access has been utilised.
6) It is recommended to login the web browser via a personal computer.
7) For assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6670-6808.
(Operating Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm)
This course is recommended for Trading Representatives and Professionals who need to meet their Continuing Education Credit.
SGX reserves the right to make changes to information regarding the programme if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.