In an ideal world, a portfolio would be composed of a wide range of return-producing units, each of which is risky but independent of the others. Such a portfolio would result in high returns with low volatility. These return-producing elements or factors already exist in the traditional asset classes and can be extracted. This course is specifically about these factors that both explain performance and provide market premiums.
This e-training programme comprises 6 modules and an assessment. Answer all quiz questions at the end of each tutorial in order to complete the training.
- Have a deep understanding of how the factors are being “discovered”
- Know some of the most famous factor premiums
- Know how the factor premiums can be extracted
- Know how to implement a factor-based portfolio
- Understand the challenges of constructing a factor-based portfolio
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: The Capital Asset Pricing Model
- CAPM: A One-Factor Model
- Fama-French Three-Factor Model
Module 3: Other Important Factors
- Momentum Factor
- Profitability Factor
- Quality Factor
- Term Factor
- Carry Factor
Module 4: Alternative Investments
- Risk Factor Exposures of Alternative Investments
- Risk Factors for Hedge Funds
Module 5: Implementing a Factor-Based Portfolio
Module 6: Challenges in Factor-Based Portfolio Construction
The Financial Training Scheme (“FTS”) provides funding for financial sector-specific training programmes which are recognized under FTS. This scheme is only eligible for company-sponsored participants who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents, physically based in Singapore, and who have successfully completed a FTS programme. Financial Institutions (MAS licensed or exempt entities), involved in or supporting financial sector activities, are eligible to submit claims for company-sponsored participants.
For all FTS programmes commencing on or after 8 April 2020 to 31 December 2021, MAS will enhance course fee subsidies for locals attending accredited or recognised courses up to 90% co-funding of direct training costs, subject to existing grant caps of S$2,000 per programme.
For more information, please refer to IBF website.
Terms and Conditions
1) You will receive the enrollment email within 2 business days after the payment verification. Payment verification will take 1-2 business days to verify upon successful registration. If you are new to Salmon Thrust online learning system, you will receive an additional invitation email to create your online account.
2) Access to the e-training materials is valid to the end of the calendar year.
3) This e-training programme takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete.
4) In order to qualify for Continuing Education credits from SGX, please complete all quiz questions found at the end of each tutorial (a 70% pass rate is required) by 31 December 2021.
5) If participants wish to make any changes to their application or request for a refund, written notice should be given within 10 business days of receiving the access ID and password to the online programme and provided the access has not been utilised. There will be an administrative fee of 20% of the fees paid. There will be no changes or refund if notice is given thereafter or if the access has been utilised.
6) It is recommended to login the web browser via a personal computer.
7) For assistance please contact email@example.com or call 6670-6808.
(Operating Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm)
This course is recommended for Trading Representatives and Professionals who need to meet their Continuing Education Credit.
SGX reserves the right to make changes to information regarding the programme if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.