Navigating IPOs: An Essential Guide
Seminar Fee: $35* / *Early bird price valid until 19 June 2019 (U.P.$40)
In this seminar, participants will learn to navigate the IPO landscape by first understanding the various aspects of lengthy IPO prospectuses. Participants will also gain insight on spotting IPOs which give better returns from an industry professional.
Participants will be empowered to:
- Identify important sections of lengthy IPO prospectuses
- Analyse key financial figures in IPO prospectuses including the understanding of relative valuation which compares the offer price-to-earnings and offer price to net asset value ratio
- Find and compare the different sources of information available on IPOs
- Ask essential questions before investing in an IPO such as the reason for IPO and the background of the IPO “anchor”
- Identify and avoid the pitfalls of IPO investing. For instance, whether one should purchase an IPO on its first day of trading and holding a stock long term from its IPO
- Spot IPOs that give better returns through hands-on practice on real case studies
Adrian Ho specialises in the sales and trading of global equities in Singapore, Hong Kong and US. He serves individual clients from the region, providing guidance on their personal wealth and risk management. In addition, he serves a pool of public listed companies in Singapore and Hong Kong, informing top finance managers and executives on market opportunities.
Adrian engages in real time research on market conditions and endeavours to provide his clients with practical analysis on cash equities and structured products based on their risk appetite. Over the last seven years, Adrian has shared his views with his clients in his privately circulated publication, Market-Juice, on global economics and corporate action such as the oil and corporate debt, as well as the acquisition of Tiger Airways by SIA. He is also regularly interviewed on the current market conditions by business media such as The Straits Times and Chinese dailies such as Lianhe Zaobao and Lianhe Wanbao.
For further enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6327-5438
(Operating Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm)
Terms and Conditions
Singapore Exchange reserves the right to make changes to the time, date, syllabus, speakers, venue or cancel the course if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
Cancellation for a registration must be made in writing at least 10 business days before the event and a refund (less a 10% administrative fee of total course fee) will be made. No refunds will be given for cancellations received less than 10 business days prior to the event. All requests for replacement must be made in writing at least 3 business days prior to the event.
Register online and make payment via credit card by clicking on the “Register” button.
Alternatively, you may wish to make payment by cheque, made payable to “SGX Academy Secretariat”. Please mail your cheque to the following address:
SGX Academy Secretariat
160 Robinson Road
Please provide your name, email, contact number, event title and date on the reverse side of the cheque. Enrolment is contingent upon receipt by Singapore Exchange of full payment and availability of space in the event. A confirmation note will be sent via email 10 business days before the seminar/course commences.