Options belong to the larger group of securities known as derivatives. The price of a derivative instrument is dependent on or derived from the price of something else. This short course will focus on understanding the mechanics of options and their uses in trading and investment.
- Understand how options contracts, especially single stock and stock index options work
- Learn the essential pricing principles for options
- Understand how to use options in trading and investing
- Know simple but yet essential option payoffs
- Understand options Greeks and their importance
Module 1: What is an Option?
- Call Options
- Put Options
- Options are All Around Us!
Module 2: Option Pricing Fundamentals
- General Factors that Determine Option Prices
Module 3: Option Payoff
- Call Options
- Put Options
Module 4: Why Options?
- Earning Income
- Protecting the Value of Your Shares
- Capitalising on the Share Price Movements Without Having to Purchase/Short-Selling Shares
- Using Options Give You Time to Decide
Module 5: Trading Index Options
- How are Index Options Different from Single Stock Options?
- The Key Advantages of Trading Index Options
Module 6: Options Risk Metrics: The Greeks
- Minor Greeks
Module 7: Common Options Trading Mistakes
The Financial Training Scheme (“FTS”) provides funding for financial sector-specific training programmes which are recognized under FTS. This scheme is only eligible for company-sponsored participants who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents, physically based in Singapore, and who have successfully completed a FTS programme. Financial Institutions (MAS licensed or exempt entities), involved in or supporting financial sector activities, are eligible to submit claims for company-sponsored participants.
For all FTS programmes commencing on or after 8 April 2020 to 31 December 2021, MAS will enhance course fee subsidies for locals attending accredited or recognised courses up to 90% co-funding of direct training costs, subject to existing grant caps of S$2,000 per programme.
For more information, please refer to IBF website.
Terms and Conditions
1) You will receive the enrollment email within 2 business days after the payment verification. Payment verification will take 1-2 business days to verify upon successful registration. If you are new to Salmon Thrust online learning system, you will receive an additional invitation email to create your online account.
2) Access to the e-training materials is valid to the end of the calendar year.
3) This e-training programme takes approximately an hour to complete.
4) In order to qualify for Continuing Education credits from SGX, please complete all quiz questions found at the end of each tutorial (a 70% pass rate is required) by 31 December 2021.
5) If participants wish to make any changes to their application or request for a refund, written notice should be given within 10 business days of receiving the access ID and password to the online programme and provided the access has not been utilised. There will be an administrative fee of 20% of the fees paid. There will be no changes or refund if notice is given thereafter or if the access has been utilised.
6) It is recommended to login the web browser via a personal computer.
7) For assistance please contact email@example.com or call 6670-6808.
(Operating Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm)
This course is recommended for Trading Representatives and Professionals who need to meet their Continuing Education Credit.
SGX reserves the right to make changes to information regarding the programme if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.