Technical Trend Trading: The Complete System
Course Dates: 19, 21, 26 & 28 January 2021 (4 Days, Interactive Virtual Classroom Setting)
Technical Trend Trading is one of the most practical and effective trading methods but it is also a skill that you will never get to learn in business school. Find out why technical trend trading is so simple yet powerful compared to the many complex and tedious strategies preached by Wall Street Gurus. Learn and apply the complete Technical Trend Trading system to grow yourself from a newbie trader to a proficient trader, and then into a profitable trader. This is an intermediate level course run via virtual classroom setting.
- You will feel enlightened about how the financial market truly works, contrary to what you have been taught in the business school
- You will be equipped with a complete system to kick-start your trading journey on a solid foundation
- You will feel motivated to dive deeper into world of Technical Trend Trading and learn how to integrate the complete process of this trading method into your daily life as a part-time retail trader
What You Will Learn In This Course
THE FOUNDATION OF A PROFICIENT TRADER
Recapping “Technical Trend Trading: An Introduction”
- Recall the key principles and strategies that you learnt during the free introductory seminar
- Reinforce this basic foundation that you have built before moving on to more advanced trading knowledge
Establishing your trading psychology & beliefs
- Explore the more in-depth trading beliefs and trading bias that you might have
- Learn how to overcome flawed biases and reinforce correct beliefs
Determining your available resources & trading objectives
- Take stock of the resources that you have to invest (time, capital, effort etc)
- Determine realistic trading objectives that you want to achieve (losses, profits, drawdown etc)
- Resources + Objective worksheets will be provided
THE ART OF TECHNICAL ANALYSIS
Understanding the nature of price trends
- Learn the market’s psychology behind price movements and how to use it to your advantage
Learning Japanese Candlestick charts
- Master the different candlestick patterns to identify potential reversal and continuation of price trends
Familiarizing yourself with price charts patterns
- Identify the different types of price chart patterns to reversal and continuation price chart patterns so that you can be on the right trend
Mastering technical indicators and chart overlays
- Understand how the commonly used technical indicators and overlays work
- Learn how to use them to help you establish the direction of the price trend
Trading setups for short term swing trader vs long term position trader
- The various triggers you can utilize to initiate either shorter term swing trading position or a long term position trading idea
- FREE access to Traderwave Web Charting Application will be provided
THE SCIENCE BEHIND A PROFITABLE TRADING SYSTEM
Building a trading plan
- Setting the step-by-step process of what you need to do even before you decide what to trade
- Trading plan worksheet will be provided
Having a risk management plan
- Determine where to put your stop loss
- Decide whether a trade is worth taking by studying its risk-reward ratio profile
Knowing when to take a profit
- Learn how to set a profit target
- Find a way to let your profit run
Setting your money management rules
- Establish how much of your capital to risk in any trade
- Size your trade to ensure your risk is contained within your comfort zone
Executing your trades efficiently and effectively
- Find the right stock brokers for your needs
- Know the different types of orders to use to execute your strategy
- Decide whether you should trade using cash or margin
THE NATURE OF A SUCCESSFUL TRADING BUSINESS
Reviewing your trading strategy
- Record the trading details whenever you open or close any trades
- Review your closed trades to identify the trading issues that you have
- Refine your trading plan and strategy if need be
- Trading records spreadsheet will be provided
Exploring Trading as a Career
- Know what your options are if you are determined to pursue a trading related career
Asking yourself if you are serious enough to build a successful trading business
- How you should prepare yourself to get into the mindset of building a truly profitable trading business
Philip Teo is the Founder and CEO of Traderwave Pte Ltd, a financial technology company that offers a financial market technical analysis web application to global retail and professional traders, to help them shortlist, analyze and monitor their trade ideas from any computer that has internet access.
Prior to his entrepreneurship endeavor, Philip served as the Chief Technical Analyst for OCBC Investment Research for 7 years, during which he offered his technical advisory services on global stocks, indices, forex and commodities to OCBC trading representatives, as well as their retail, premium and private clients.
Philip’s technical analysis reports were frequently quoted by various business news providers like Bloomberg, Dow Jones and The Edge. He also had the opportunity to present in “Crash Course”, a TV show hosted by Steven Chia of Channel NewsAsia, to teach CNA viewers how to use technical analysis to make investment decisions.
The Financial Training Scheme (“FTS”) provides funding for financial sector-specific training programmes which are recognized under FTS. This scheme is only eligible for company-sponsored participants who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents, physically based in Singapore, and who have successfully completed a FTS programme. Financial Institutions (MAS licensed or exempt entities), involved in or supporting financial sector activities, are eligible to submit claims for company-sponsored participants.
For all FTS programmes commencing on or after 8 April 2020 to 31 December 2021, MAS will enhance course fee subsidies for locals attending accredited or recognised courses up to 90% co-funding of direct training costs, subject to existing grant caps of S$2,000 per programme..
IBF will provide an additional 5% in support in the form of IBF Credit, bringing the course fee subsidy up to 95% of course fees subsidies until 30 June 2021. This existing scheme will also be expanded to include workers in eligible FinTech firms.
For more information, please refer to IBF website.
For further enquiries, please email email@example.com or call 6670-6808.
(Operating Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm)
Terms and Conditions
Singapore Exchange reserves the right to make changes to the time, date, syllabus, speakers, venue or cancel the course if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
Cancellation for a registration must be made in writing at least 10 business days before the event and a refund (less a 10% administrative fee of total course fee) will be made. No refunds will be given for cancellations received less than 10 business days prior to the event. All requests for replacement must be made in writing at least 3 business days prior to the event.
Register online and make payment via Paypal by clicking on the “Register” button.
For Bank Transfer, account details as follows:
Bank Name: OCBC
Bank Account Name: Salmon Thrust PTE Ltd – SGX Academy
Bank Account No.: 601-249881-001
Please state your name and registration ID on the comment.
Do note your transaction ID and email the reference number together with programme details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrolment is contingent upon receipt by Singapore Exchange of full payment and availability of space in the event. A confirmation note will be sent via email 10 business days before the seminar/course commences.