The Basics of Investing
Designed for new investors, this seminar helps you learn the basics and guides you towards building your first investment portfolio.
1) The Ecosystem of Singapore Stock Market
- Relationship between listed companies, brokers, SGX and you
- What a transaction looks like
2) Your Investment Goals
- Understanding Growth versus Income investing
- Using financial ratios to differentiate between Growth versus Income stocks
- Using StockFacts to select your stocks
3) Your First Investment Products
- Key characteristics of Blue Chip stocks, Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- Buying your first stock with smaller board lot
- Investing consistently with Regular Shares Savings Plan
4) Your First Portfolio
- How to build a model portfolio – Growth versus Income
- Simple portfolio rebalancing techniques
5) Your Next Step
- Knowing your investor tools and resources
- Continuing education with SkillsFuture Singapore’s programmes
Chua I-Min, CFA
Chua I-Min, CFA conducts regular classes for SGX Academy on fundamental analysis, stock valuation, REITs and property stocks investments. His flagship program titled “Create a Secondary Income Stream through Long Term Share Investing” has been well received by retail investors. A book with the same title has been written to reach out to a wider audience.
I-Min graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with Honours (2nd Upper), majoring in Finance. He continued his education by earning the CFA charter, a well sought after professional designation in the global investment industry. Even as a student, I-Min has been applying concepts from text books in the real-world shares market. He has since honed his investment skills with more than 15 years of share investing experiences.
Professionally, I-Min has more than 11 years of working experience mainly in the investment industry. He was the Chief Operating Officer for A.B. Maximus before his current role. Previously as a real estate investment professional in CapitaLand and subsequently PhillipCapital, he had collectively done investment deals amounting to S$250 million. Prior to that, he was based in China, participating in a successful IPO exercise of a Chinese company listed on the Singapore Exchange.
For further enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6327-5438.
(Operating Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm)
Terms and Conditions
Singapore Exchange reserves the right to make changes to the time, date, syllabus, speakers, venue or cancel the course if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.