Trading the Markets with DLCs
Objectives of this seminar:
- Experience how Daily Leverage Certificates (DLCs) can be applied to your investment strategy to uncover more potential opportunities in both Singapore and Hong Kong markets.
- Step by step guide on how to use DLCs to safeguard your investments against price decline and build a strong foundation on trading the markets.
- Demonstration and technical outlook on single stock DLCs and index DLCs
- Building technical Long and Short strategies for various market conditions
- Implications of trading range and how to use to your advantage
- Decision making process on setting Entry, Targets and Stops
- Computing DLC allocation when hedging your investment
- Understanding factors that impact your underlying stocks and indices
- Market seasonality and important dates that traders should know
Why trade DLCs?
- Leverage – Simple trading instrument to get leveraged returns of up to 7x on popular Singapore and Hong Kong stocks and indices
- No account opening process required; trade it like a stock – simply go to your stock broker account to trade DLCs (subject to SIP qualification)
- Long DLC and Short DLC – two types of DLCs, allowing you the flexibility to trade both rising and falling markets
- Lower barrier of entry – one lot of DLC is 100 shares, and the unit price is usually much lower than the underlying share, allowing lower barrier of entry and more flexible allocation of your investment capital
SGX Academy Trainer
Brandon Leu’s portfolio of clients includes corporate, trusts and high net-worth individuals. He has been with UOB Kay Hian since 2013 and previously held the position of Vice President, Equities & Financial Products. Brandon joined the banking and finance industry in 2005 with UOB wealth management team where he provided investment and portfolio management advice, before moving to HSBC as Assistant Vice President in 2010. With his years of experience, he provides market analysis, forecast, develops trading strategies and trade execution planning for his clients.
Brandon holds the Chartered Market Technician (CMT) designation, conferred by the Market Technicians Association (U.S) and is a Certified Financial Technician (CFTe) awarded by the International Federation of Technical Analysts (IFTA). He is also a licensed Trading Representative.
Brandon conducts regular trading and technical analysis seminars at SGX, UOB Kay Hian, Bloomberg and other public institutions such as SMU and NUSS in Singapore. He also conducts seminars for bank’s clients in Malaysia. In Sept 2017, he was invited to conduct investment training for Channel News Asia’s investment show, Money Mind Challenge.
For further enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6327-5438.
(Operating Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm)
Terms and Conditions
Singapore Exchange reserves the right to make changes to the time, date, syllabus, speakers, venue or cancel the course if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.