Financial Crisis & Introduction to Technical Analysis
This e-training programme comprises 3 topics/tutorials. Answer all quiz questions at the end of each tutorial in order to complete the training.
A) The Financial Crisis
(Estimated Completion Time: 75 Minutes)
The degree to which the many components of the financial system are intermingled was made abundantly clear by the sequence of events that led to the global financial crisis. Before 2007, few people had heard much about the US subprime mortgage sector, and terms like ‘credit crunch’ and ‘toxic debt’ had yet to enter into everyday usage. However, problems in the subprime area and rapid declines in the values of some of the associated assets, led to unprecedented difficulties across the global financial system.
This tutorial describes the unfolding of this watershed event, from the development of the crisis in the US subprime mortgage market to its spread across global markets and institutions. It also looks at how the authorities responded, and the lessons to be learned for future generations.
B) Technical Analysis – An Introduction
(Estimated Completion Time: 50 Minutes)
The use of various technical analysis techniques to predict market movements and forecast the direction of prices has been commonplace for centuries. This tutorial provides an introduction to technical analysis, focusing in particular on chart construction and trend analysis.
C) Technical Analysis – Fibonacci Analysis & Elliot Wave Theory
(Estimated Completion Time: 40 Minutes)
This tutorial describes Fibonacci analysis and Elliot wave theory, two historically important elements of a chartist’s toolkit. It covers topics such as the key Fibonacci retracement levels and market behavior around these retracement levels, as well as the basic premise of Elliot wave theory that prices move in a 5-wave advance before a 3-wave retracement.
Terms and Conditions
1) Each e-training programme takes approximately 3 hours to complete.
2) In order to qualify for Continuing Education credits from SGX, please complete all quiz questions found at the end of each tutorial (a 70% pass rate is required) by 31 December 2020.
3) Access to the e-training materials is valid for 3 months from the date the access is issued. For Trading Representatives who require Continuing Education Credit and had registered at the last quarter of 2020, access is valid till 31 December 2020 (e.g. for access given on 24 November 2020, access is valid till 31 December 2020).
4) Upon successful registration, an email with the access details and password would be sent to you within 2 working days.
5) If participants wish to make any changes to their application or request for a refund, written notice should be given within 10 business days of receiving the access ID and password to the online programme and provided the access has not been utilised. There will be an administrative fee of 20% of the fees paid. There will be no changes or refund if notice is given thereafter or if the access has been utilised.
6) Please login using Microsoft Internet Explorer from your PC or Laptop.
7) Please note that the learning management system is not compatible with browsers on Apple iOS or other operating systems.
8) For assistance please contact email@example.com or call 6327 5436.
This course is recommended for Trading Representatives and Professionals who need to meet their Continuing Education Credit.
SGX reserves the right to make changes to information regarding the programme if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.