Richard Wyckoff Method for Trading the Markets (Refresher)
Course Dates: 21 & 22 November 2020 (2 Days, Interactive Virtual Classroom Setting)
Time: 10am – 5pm
Review & Mentoring Sessions: 15 December 2020 & 12 January 2021
Time: 7pm – 9pm
*Exclusive to past students that have attended previous runs
The course aims to provide participants with a foundation on trading the financial market through Technical Analysis, Wyckoff Method and Risk Management techniques.
Participants learn to draw conclusion and forecast both the stock and market trends using tools and principles of technical analysis.
At the core of the course is Wyckoff method, is a century old technical technique, that helps traders identify trading opportunities by recognising demand and supply patterns and market cycles. In addition, Wyckoff method also includes a systematic 5-step Approach, providing participants with the discipline to plan their trades and manage their risk.
Participants will be mentored for the next 2 months, where the trainer will review their trades and understanding of the methodology during the monthly session. This is an intermediate level course run via virtual classroom setting.
At the end of this course, participants will be equipped with:
- Required Technical knowledge to interpret the chart and recognise trends
- Identify short-term trading opportunities using Wyckoff Method and technical tools learnt
- Requirements and Mind-set of a Trader
Part 1: Introduction to Trading the Equities Market
The first section of the course prepares participates with the required understanding mind-set for trading the stock market.
- Requirements of a Trader: Type of Traders, Mindset and Trading Objectives
- Introduction to Trading Process and Trading System
- Information Channels and Their Influence on Your Decision-Making Process
- Risk Management
Part 2: Technical Analysis Foundation
This section prepares participants with the required knowledge of chart reading and technical analysis.
- Understand Market Trend Structure through Dow Theory
- Understand Relative Strength and identifying leading sector and stock for trading
- Identifying Trend through Moving Average, Support, Resistance and Trend Lines
Part 3: Tools of a Technical Trader
This section provides an understanding of the core technical tools and also tools used that will be incorporated with the Wyckoff Method in the later part of the course.
- Candlesticks – Understand Demand and Supply within short term Price Action
- Chart Patterns – Understand Accumulation and Distribution Phase Psychology
- Multiple Time Frame MACD – Identify Long-term and Short-term Price Momentum
- Fibonacci Technical Tools – Identify potential reversal price level
Part 4: Introduction to the Wyckoff Method
This section provides a foundation of the Wyckoff methodology and its principles
- Overview of Wyckoff Method
- The 3 Laws of Wyckoff Method
- Wyckoff Price Cycle: Accumulation, Mark Up, Distribution, Mark Down
- Understanding the character of each stock phase and significance of change of character through Price and Volume
Part 5: Wyckoff Method 5-Steps Approach
This section teaches the participants to screen and select stocks with high probability trading opportunities, and in harmony with market trend.
- Determine Present Position and Probable Future Trend of the Market
- Select Stocks in Harmony with the Market
- Select Stocks with a Cause that Meets your Trading Objective
- Determine the stock’s Readiness to Move
- Time your Commitments with a Turn in the market
Part 6: Swing Trading Strategies and Risk Management
The final section of the course provides the participants with the swing trading entry and exit strategies, based on stocks selected based on the 5-Steps Approach. They will also learn to plan their trade with appropriate risk management and position sizing learned in this section. They will then learn the trading process and daily routine of a successful trader.
- Swing Trading Entry and Exit Strategies based on the Wyckoff Method
- Trading Process & Routine
- Position Sizing and Risk Management
Brandon Leu, Brandon Leu’s portfolio of clients includes corporate, trusts and high net-worth individuals. He has been with UOB Kay Hian since 2013 and previously held the position of Vice President, Equities & Financial Products. Brandon joined the banking and finance industry in 2005 with UOB wealth management team where he provided investment and portfolio management advice, before moving to HSBC as Assistant Vice President in 2010. With his years of experience, he provides market analysis, forecast, develops trading strategies and trade execution planning for his clients.
Brandon holds the Chartered Market Technician (CMT) designation, conferred by the Market Technicians Association (U.S) and is a Certified Financial Technician (CFTe) awarded by the International Federation of Technical Analysts (IFTA). He is also a licensed Trading Representative.
Brandon conducts regular trading and technical analysis seminars at SGX, UOB Kay Hian, Bloomberg and other public institutions such as SMU and NUSS in Singapore. He also conducts seminars for bank’s clients in Malaysia. In Sept 2017, he was invited to conduct investment training for Channel News Asia’s investment show, Money Mind Challenge.
The Financial Training Scheme (“FTS”) provides funding for financial sector-specific training programmes which are recognized under FTS. This scheme is only eligible for company-sponsored participants who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents, physically based in Singapore, and who have successfully completed a FTS programme. Financial Institutions (MAS licensed or exempt entities), involved in or supporting financial sector activities, are eligible to submit claims for company-sponsored participants.
For all FTS programmes commencing on or after 8 April 2020 to 31 December 2021, MAS will enhance course fee subsidies for locals attending accredited or recognised courses up to 90% co-funding of direct training costs, subject to existing grant caps of S$2,000 per programme..
IBF will provide an additional 5% in support in the form of IBF Credit, bringing the course fee subsidy up to 95% of course fees subsidies until the end of 2020. This existing scheme will also be expanded to include workers in eligible FinTech firms.
For more information, please refer to IBF website.
For further enquiries, please email email@example.com or call 6670-6808.
(Operating Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm)
Terms and Conditions
Singapore Exchange reserves the right to make changes to the time, date, syllabus, speakers, venue or cancel the course if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
Cancellation for a registration must be made in writing at least 10 business days before the event and a refund (less a 10% administrative fee of total course fee) will be made. No refunds will be given for cancellations received less than 10 business days prior to the event. All requests for replacement must be made in writing at least 3 business days prior to the event.
Register online and make payment via Paypal by clicking on the “Register” button.
For Bank Transfer, account details as follows:
Bank Name: OCBC
Bank Account Name: Salmon Thrust PTE Ltd – SGX Academy
Bank Account No.: 601-249881-001
Please state your name and registration ID on the comment.
Do note your transaction ID and email the reference number together with programme details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrolment is contingent upon receipt by Singapore Exchange of full payment and availability of space in the event. A confirmation note will be sent via email 10 business days before the seminar/course commences.