Short Term Trading Strategies
Course date: 1 & 2 December 2018 (2 Days)
With effect from 19 May 2017, SkillsFuture Singapore will revise the SkillsFuture Credit claims processes. All SkillsFuture Credit payments by SkillsFuture Singapore will be made to training providers instead of individuals.
Please submit your claim via the SkillsFuture website first if you wish to use your SkillsFuture credit.
This course aims to help the participants to be proficient in trading. You will learn how to identify and trade:
• Short-term swing trading opportunities in the stock markets
• Intra-day trading opportunities in the derivatives markets like the indices, commodity and currencies
• To identify and to flow with current market trends
• Proficient in “Intra-day trading” and its strategies
• Proficient in “Swing trading” and its strategies
• How to manage risks and apply stop losses correctly
• How to take profits and manage to grow your trading fund
• Practical sessions with live market analysis and application after each theory segment
• Continual support with group WhatsApp chat after the course
• 12 hours programme
Section 1: Market Analysing Process
• Discussion on market cycles and trends
• Attributes for short-term trades
• Handling stocks and derivatives in:
- Uptrend market
- Range condition
- Downtrend market
Section 2: Concept of short-term trading and its opportunities
• Identifying daily trading range for each market
• Setting profit target for intra-day trading
• Identifying the psychology of the “Herd” traders – Which side they are on?
• Deciding on the day’s trading direction
• Studying the market volume – The winners and the losers
• Identifying the significant day’s low and high – To initiate and to exit
• Applying “Precision market entry strategy”
Section 3: Application in the stocks market
• Identifying the “hot” stock
• Deciding for the long haul – Touch and grab
• Deciding for the short-term – Touch and go
Section 4: Application in the derivatives market
• Understanding derivatives and the correct usage
• Identifying intra-day trading opportunities
Section 5: Risk management & sustainability in trading
• Managing short-term trades
• Accumulation for growth
• The Trading Matrix
• 5 steps – Sustainability in Trading
Wong Kon How has more than 20 years of trading experience in the finance industry. He is currently investing and managing his own fund and Founder of Weipedia Private Limited. Kon How specializes in the study of behavioural science or the market psychology and is an investment strategist. He is also an expert in risks management.
Kon How conducts workshops for industry practitioners, fund managers, private bankers, propriety traders, dealers and retail investors. His clients and participants are securities and derivative exchanges, regulators, investment banks, institutions and brokers. His delivery has gained good reviews and testimonies from his partners and their clients. He also conducts training sessions for Trading Representatives as part of their Continuous Education Program in Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore.
He studied Engineering but was passionate about investment and trading. This led him to pursue in the financial market after his graduation. He started his career in SiMEX as an apprentice and a runner in 1995, he later worked as a floor trader and financial dealer with varies institutions. Since then, he has been an active practitioner in both the Securities and Derivatives market. Some of the organizations he has participated with are the Singapore Exchange, Bursa Malaysia, Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute, Hong Kong’s regulator – Securities Futures Commission and Hong Kong Monetary Authority, Hong Kong’s Treasury Market Association, Banks, Universities, Singapore Press Holdings and other non-profit organizations.
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible courses. SkillsFuture credits can be used for this course.
For more information, please refer to SkillsFuture website.
The Financial Training Scheme (“FTS”) provides funding for financial sector-specific training programmes which are recognized under FTS. This scheme is only eligible for company-sponsored participants who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents, physically based in Singapore, and who have successfully completed a FTS programme. Financial Institutions (MAS licensed or exempt entities), involved in or supporting financial sector activities, are eligible to submit claims for company-sponsored participants.
For all FTS programmes commencing on or after 1 July 2016, Singapore Citizens aged 40 years old and above will be eligible for 90% co-funding of direct training costs, subject to existing grant caps of S$2,000 per programme. Singapore Permanent Residents and Singapore Citizens below 40 years old will continue to be eligible for 50% co-funding of direct training costs for FTS programmes.
For more information, please refer to IBF website.
For further enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6327-5438
(Operating Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm)
Terms and Conditions
Singapore Exchange reserves the right to make changes to the time, date, syllabus, speakers, venue or cancel the course if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
Cancellation for a registration must be made in writing at least 10 business days before the event and a refund (less a 10% administrative fee of total course fee) will be made. No refunds will be given for cancellations received less than 10 business days prior to the event. All requests for replacement must be made in writing at least 3 business days prior to the event.
Register online and make payment via credit card by clicking on the “Register” button.
Alternatively, you may wish to make payment by cheque, made payable to “SGX Academy Secretariat“. Please mail your cheque to the following address:
SGX Academy Secretariat
160 Robinson Road
Please provide your name, email, contact number, event title and date on the reverse side of the cheque. Enrolment is contingent upon receipt by Singapore Exchange of full payment and availability of space in the event. A confirmation note will be sent via email 10 business days before the seminar/course commences.