Technical Analysis: Technical Indicators
This course builds on the foundation established in the online course Essential Charting Knowledge and continues to equip learners with some of the most widely-used technical indicators market practitioners use when carrying out their trading campaigns.
This e-training programme comprises 13 modules and an assessment. Answer all quiz questions at the end of each tutorial in order to complete the training.
To gain a strong understanding and successful usage of the most popular technical indicators commonly used by the market practitioners.
Module 1: Moving Averages
- What are Moving Averages?
- Major Uses of Moving Averages
- 200-Day Moving Average
- Adaptive Moving Average
Module 2: Directional Movement Index and ADX
- Directional Movement Index
- Average Directional Index (ADX)
Module 3: Parabolic SAR
Module 4: Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD)
- MACD Histogram
Module 5: Momentum Indicator
Module 6: Rate of Change
Module 7: Stochastic Indicator
Module 8: Relative Strength Index (RSI)
Module 9: Money Flow Index (MFI)
Module 10: Moving Average Envelope
Module 11: Keltner Channel
Module 12: Price Channel
Module 13: Bollinger Band
- Bollinger Band
- Bollinger Bandwidth
- %B Indicator
The Financial Training Scheme (“FTS”) provides funding for financial sector-specific training programmes which are recognized under FTS. This scheme is only eligible for company-sponsored participants who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents, physically based in Singapore, and who have successfully completed a FTS programme. Financial Institutions (MAS licensed or exempt entities), involved in or supporting financial sector activities, are eligible to submit claims for company-sponsored participants.
For all FTS programmes commencing on or after 8 April 2020 to 31 December 2021, MAS will enhance course fee subsidies for locals attending accredited or recognised courses up to 90% co-funding of direct training costs, subject to existing grant caps of S$2,000 per programme.
For more information, please refer to IBF website.
Terms and Conditions
1) This e-training programme takes approximately 2.0 hours to complete.
2) In order to qualify for Continuing Education credits from SGX, please complete all quiz questions found at the end of each tutorial (a 70% pass rate is required) by 31 December 2021.
3) Access to the e-training materials is valid to the end of the calendar year.
4) Upon successful registration, an online course access email will be sent to you within 2 working days. If you are new to Salmon Thrust online learning system, you will receive an additional invitation email to create your online account.
5) If participants wish to make any changes to their application or request for a refund, written notice should be given within 10 business days of receiving the access ID and password to the online programme and provided the access has not been utilised. There will be an administrative fee of 20% of the fees paid. There will be no changes or refund if notice is given thereafter or if the access has been utilised.
6) It is recommended to login the web browser via a personal computer.
7) For assistance please contact email@example.com or call 6670-6808.
(Operating Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm)
This course is recommended for Trading Representatives and Professionals who need to meet their Continuing Education Credit.
SGX reserves the right to make changes to information regarding the programme if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.