Technical Trend Trading: The Complete System
Course Dates: 3, 4, 10 & 11 August 2022 (4 Days, Interactive Virtual Classroom Setting)
Time: 7.00pm to 10.00pm
This course is under the IBF-FTS funding which is for company-sponsored individuals.
(For more information about the funding, scroll down to read more)
Technical Trend Trading is one of the most practical and effective trading methods but it is also a skill that you will never get to learn in business school. Find out why technical trend trading is so simple yet powerful compared to the many complex and tedious strategies preached by Wall Street Gurus. Learn and apply the complete Technical Trend Trading system to grow yourself from a newbie trader to a proficient trader, and then into a profitable trader. This course will be run via a virtual classroom setting.
- You will feel enlightened about how the financial market truly works, contrary to what you have been taught in the business school
- You will be equipped with a complete system to kick-start your trading journey on a solid foundation
- You will feel motivated to dive deeper into world of Technical Trend Trading and learn how to integrate the complete process of this trading method into your daily life as a part-time retail trader
What You Will Learn In This Course
1) THE FOUNDATION OF A PROFICIENT TRADER
Recapping “Technical Trend Trading: An Introduction”
- Recall the key principles and strategies that you learnt during the free introductory seminar
- Reinforce this basic foundation that you have built before moving on to more advanced trading knowledge
Establishing your trading psychology & beliefs
- Explore the more in-depth trading beliefs and trading bias that you might have
- Learn how to overcome flawed biases and reinforce correct beliefs
Determining your available resources & trading objectives
- Take stock of the resources that you have to invest (time, capital, effort etc)
- Determine realistic trading objectives that you want to achieve (losses, profits, drawdown etc)
- Resources + Objective worksheets will be provided
2) THE ART OF TECHNICAL ANALYSIS
Understanding the nature of price trends
- Learn the market’s psychology behind price movements and how to use it to your advantage
Learning Japanese Candlestick charts
- Master the different candlestick patterns to identify potential reversal and continuation of price trends
Familiarizing yourself with price charts patterns
- Identify the different types of price chart patterns to reversal and continuation price chart patterns so that you can be on the right trend
Mastering technical indicators and chart overlays
- Understand how the commonly used technical indicators and overlays work
- Learn how to use them to help you establish the direction of the price trend
Trading setups for short term swing trader vs long term position trader
- The various triggers you can utilize to initiate either shorter term swing trading position or a long term position trading idea
- FREE access to Traderwave Web Charting Application will be provided
3) THE SCIENCE BEHIND A PROFITABLE TRADING SYSTEM
Building a trading plan
- Setting the step-by-step process of what you need to do even before you decide what to trade
- Trading plan worksheet will be provided
Having a risk management plan
- Determine where to put your stop loss
- Decide whether a trade is worth taking by studying its risk-reward ratio profile
Knowing when to take a profit
- Learn how to set a profit target
- Find a way to let your profit run
Setting your money management rules
- Establish how much of your capital to risk in any trade
- Size your trade to ensure your risk is contained within your comfort zone
Executing your trades efficiently and effectively
- Find the right stock brokers for your needs
- Know the different types of orders to use to execute your strategy
- Decide whether you should trade using cash or margin
4) THE NATURE OF A SUCCESSFUL TRADING BUSINESS
Reviewing your trading strategy
- Record the trading details whenever you open or close any trades
- Review your closed trades to identify the trading issues that you have
- Refine your trading plan and strategy if need be
- Trading records spreadsheet will be provided
Exploring Trading as a Career
- Know what your options are if you are determined to pursue a trading related career
Asking yourself if you are serious enough to build a successful trading business
- How you should prepare yourself to get into the mindset of building a truly profitable trading business
Philip Teo is the Founder and CEO of Traderwave Pte Ltd, a financial technology company that offers a financial market technical analysis web application to global retail and professional traders, to help them shortlist, analyze and monitor their trade ideas from any computer that has internet access.
Prior to his entrepreneurship endeavor, Philip served as the Chief Technical Analyst for OCBC Investment Research for 7 years, during which he offered his technical advisory services on global stocks, indices, forex and commodities to OCBC trading representatives, as well as their retail, premium and private clients.
Philip’s technical analysis reports were frequently quoted by various business news providers like Bloomberg, Dow Jones and The Edge. He also had the opportunity to present in “Crash Course”, a TV show hosted by Steven Chia of Channel NewsAsia, to teach CNA viewers how to use technical analysis to make investment decisions.
IBF Financial Training Scheme (IBF-FTS)
The Financial Training Scheme (“FTS”) provides funding for financial sector-specific training courses which are recognized under FTS. This scheme is only available for company-sponsored individuals.
- Singapore-based Financial Institutions regulated by MAS (licensed or exempt from licensing by MAS)
- FinTech firms certified by Singapore FinTech Association (SFA)
For all FTS programmes commencing between 1 July 2022 to 31 December 2022, MAS will enhance course fee subsidies for locals attending accredited or recognised courses up to 90% co-funding of direct training costs, subject to existing grant caps of S$2,000 per programme.
For more information, please refer to IBF website.
Terms and Conditions
Click on the “Register” button to register online. There are 2 options for payment:
- PayPal (Credit Cards)
- Offline Payment (Bank Transfer)
You will receive an email with the subject title: “Acknowledgement of registration” upon completion of registration.
Bank account details as follows:
Bank Name: OCBC
Bank Account Name: Salmon Thrust PTE Ltd – SGX Academy
Bank Account No.: 601-249881-001
- Please state your name and registration ID on the comment
- Email the transaction reference ID together with the programme details to email@example.com
- Bank transfer must be made within 3 business days of the registration to confirm your enrolment for the course. The slot will be released without notice if payment is not made within 3 business days.
Enrolment is contingent upon receipt by Singapore Exchange of the full payment and subject to seat availability.
Confirmation of course
An update on the course will be sent to your email 1 week before the course start date.
Singapore Exchange reserves the right to make changes to the time, date, syllabus, speakers, venue or cancel the course if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
All seminar/course registrations must be received by SGX Academy Secretariat 10 business days (unless otherwise stated) before the seminar/course commences. Singapore Exchange reserves the right to make changes to the time, date, syllabus, speakers, and venue or cancel the course if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.
Cancellation of a registration must be made in writing at least 10 business days before the event and a refund (less platform administrative fee) will be made. No refunds will be given for cancellations received less than 10 business days.
Data Protection Notice
Please refer here.
For further enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6011-1536.
(Operating Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm)
By providing your personal information and registering and joining the course, you agree and authorise Singapore Exchange Limited (“SGX”) and/or its affiliates (collectively with SGX, the “SGX Group Companies”) to collect and use the information you have provided, and to share such information with the SGX Group Companies and/or the SGX Group Company(ies)’s event partner(s) (each, an “event partner”) and any other third parties with which the SGX Group Companies or the event partner(s) have service arrangements in connection with the course or other ancillary purposes, including the marketing of SGX Group Companies and/or event partner’s products and services to you.