The Art and Science of Stock Investing
Course Dates: 15 & 22 October 2022 (2 Days, Interactive Virtual Classroom Setting)
(Closing date for registration: 10 October 2022)
Time: 9.30am – 5.00pm
Course Fee: S$1,800.00 (inclusive of GST)
This course has been accredited under the Skills Framework for Financial Services and is eligible for funding under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subject to all eligibility criteria being met. Candidates are advised to assess the suitability of the course and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles.
With effect from 3 October 2022, GST funding support will no longer be applicable for all courses.
For Singapore Citizen
|40 years old & above||Below 40 years old|
|Fees after 90% IBF-STS||Fees after 70% IBF-STS|
|S$285.98 *||S$622.43 *|
For Permanent Resident
|All Age Groups|
|Fees after 70% IBF-STS|
IBF-STS provides up to 90% course fee subsidy for direct training costs subject to a cap of S$7,000 per candidate per course subject to all eligibility criteria being met.
- Eligible company-sponsored and self-sponsored individuals will be required to pay course fees net of enhanced course fee subsidies, subject to the prevailing grant cap.
- The GST amount will be payable by company-sponsored and self-sponsored individuals.
* The eligibility for the IBF-STS Enhanced Funding Scheme are:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents that are physically based in Singapore.
- Successfully completed the course and passed the assessment with a minimum grade of 70%.
- Be always visible in the video recording of the course.
You will not be eligible for the course fee subsidy if you drop out halfway through the course or did not pass your assessment. SGX Academy is entitled to claw back the course fee subsidy from you.
This 2 days course aims to equip finance professionals with the practical knowledge of financial analysis in stocks.
To gain maximum benefits from the course, you are strongly recommended to have a trading account before attending the class.
- Private bankers
- Financial advisors
- Trading representatives
- Retail investors
- 12.5 hours of training:
- 12 hours of virtual classroom training
- 0.5 hours of assessment
- 6-months post course support:
- Access to exclusive member-only Facebook group
- Live mentoring sessions for:
- Continuous market updates
- Trade ideas
Key Learning Outcomes
- Acquire a clear understanding of stock investment strategies and approaches
- Have a deeper understanding of financial statements and acquire the ability to interpret them
- Acquire the ability to value stocks with different methods
Please click here for the programme brochure.
Alvin Chow is the CEO of Dr Wealth, a financial education company that aims to level up the financial literacy of individuals via courses, articles and videos. He graduated with an Engineering degree from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and was a Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) Academic Training Award holder. After serving the SAF for 6 years, he co-founded Dr Wealth to pursue his interest in investing. He has been investing and writing publicly about the financial markets since 2007 and has trained over 5,000 individuals over the span of 7 years.
Click here to read more.
IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS)
This programme has been accredited under the IBF Standards, and is eligible for funding under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subject to all eligibility criteria being met.
Candidates are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles.
Click here to read more.
About IBF Certification
This course addresses the following Technical Skills and Competencies (TSCs) and proficiency level:
- Financial Analysis (Proficiency Level 4)
Participants are encouraged to access the IBF MySkills Portfolio to track their training progress and skills acquisition against the Skills Framework for Financial Services. You can apply for IBF Certification after fulfilling the required number of Technical Skills and Competencies (TSCs) for the selected job role.
Find out more about IBF certification and the application process here.
Terms and Conditions
Click on the “Register” button to register online. There are 2 options for payment:
- PayPal (Credit Cards)
- Offline Payment (Bank Transfer)
You will receive an email with the subject title: “Acknowledgement of registration” upon completion of registration.
Bank account details as follows:
Bank Name: OCBC
Bank Account Name: Salmon Thrust PTE Ltd – SGX Academy
Bank Account No.: 601-249881-001
- Please state your name and registration ID on the comment
- Email the transaction reference ID together with the programme details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bank transfer must be made within 3 business days of the registration to confirm your enrolment for the course. The slot will be released without notice if payment is not made within 3 business days.
Enrolment is contingent upon receipt by Singapore Exchange of the full payment and subject to seat availability.
Confirmation of course
An update on the course will be sent to your email 1 week before the course start date.
Singapore Exchange reserves the right to make changes to the time, date, syllabus, speakers, venue or cancel the course if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
All seminar/course registrations must be received by SGX Academy Secretariat 10 business days (unless otherwise stated) before the seminar/course commences. Singapore Exchange reserves the right to make changes to the time, date, syllabus, speakers, and venue or cancel the course if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.
Cancellation of a registration must be made in writing at least 10 business days before the event and a refund (less platform administrative fee) will be made. No refunds will be given for cancellations received less than 10 business days.
Data Protection Notice
Please refer here.
For further enquiries, please email email@example.com or call 6011-1536.
(Operating Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm)
By providing your personal information and registering and joining the course, you agree and authorise Singapore Exchange Limited (“SGX”) and/or its affiliates (collectively with SGX, the “SGX Group Companies”) to collect and use the information you have provided, and to share such information with the SGX Group Companies and/or the SGX Group Company(ies)’s event partner(s) (each, an “event partner”) and any other third parties with which the SGX Group Companies or the event partner(s) have service arrangements in connection with the course or other ancillary purposes, including the marketing of SGX Group Companies and/or event partner’s products and services to you.