Trading High Probability Patterns with Price and Mathematical Analysis
Course Dates: 6 & 13 March 2021 (2 Days, Interactive Virtual Classroom Setting)
(Closing date for registration: 1 March 2021)
Time: 10.00am – 5.00pm
Course Fee: S$1,800.00 (inclusive of GST)
Fees after 90% IBF-STS Enhanced Funding Scheme and 5% IBF Credit:
Company-Sponsored – S$201.87
Self-Sponsored Individuals – S$90.00
This course has been accredited under the Skills Framework for Financial Services and is eligible for funding under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subject to all eligibility criteria being met. Candidates are advised to assess the suitability of the course and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles.
IBF-STS provides 90% course fee subsidy and 5% IBF Credit course fee support for direct training costs subject to a cap of S$7,000 per candidate per course subject to all eligibility criteria being met.
To find out more about the IBF-STS Enhanced Funding Scheme, please visit https://www.ibf.org.sg/programmes/Pages/IBF-STS.aspx
The IBF-STS Enhanced Funding Scheme and IBF Credit is eligible for Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents that are physically based in Singapore; and are only applicable when you have successfully completed the course and passed the assessment. You will not be eligible for the course fee subsidy and the IBF Credit if you drop out halfway through the course or did not pass your assessment. SGX Academy is entitled to claw back the course fee subsidy and IBF Credit from you.
Please click here for the programme brochure.
This course aims to equip participants with full range of Technical Analysis knowledge and techniques for trading in equities and futures market. After the course and many practical sessions, participants will be able to formulate precise entry and exit plans in both lower (for intraday trading) and higher timeframe (for swing trading or investing).
To gain maximum benefits from the course, you are strongly recommended to have a trading account before attending the class.
- Individuals who have an interest in trading and investing in securities and derivatives instruments
- Traders, professionals, or fund managers who wish to acquire a complete trading method complimented by a full range of technical analysis techniques
- Individuals seeking to get started in professional derivatives trading
- 12 hours of training:
- 11.5 hours of virtual classroom training
- 0.5 hours of assessment
After-Course Support (One-Month Support After the Course)
- Perform demo/live trades and submit details of these trades on week 1 & 2 after completion of the course
- Zoom webinars every Monday and Thurs for a total of 4 weeks after the course to review on market conditions, update on index futures (SiMSCI) and Q&A (12 noon to 12.30pm)
- Recording will be provided if you can’t attend the after course support sessions (participants need to provide an email address to receive these recordings)
Key Learning Outcomes
- Formulate a trading plan from entry to exit for use in equities and derivatives trading using full range of technical analysis techniques.
- Understand different market conditions and be able to apply different trading frameworks in different market conditions.
- Apply many assumptions and theoretical frameworks of technical analysis and be versatile to trade in these different market conditions– trending, reversal or sideway market conditions.
- Combine trend analysis, chart pattern analysis and momentum analysis in both mid- to long-term investment and short-term trading to profitably trade many financial instruments.
- Articulate technical analysis results to relevant stakeholders.
- Live case studies on both equities and futures on how technical analysis could be applied in conjunction with other financial analysis to improve decision making.
Introduction to Technical Analysis
- Understand how behavioural finance affects market pricing
- Psychology and price movement
- Empirical support for Technical Analysis
- Application of Technical Analysis in different trading instruments – equities and futures market
- Dow Theory and trend analysis
- Importance of trend in Technical Analysis
- Trend identification – primary, secondary, short-term and intraday trend
- Fractals behaviours in price movement
- Elliot Wave Analysis as an analysis model
- Use of reversal and continuation chart patterns in multiple and intraday timeframe analysis
- High probability candlestick pattern analysis with concept of price rejection
- Reconciling and trading high probability patterns with multiple timeframe approach
- Formulate high probability trading zones with trendlines and channels
- Moving averages and use of moving averages in multiple timeframes
- Reinforce high probability trade zones with mathematical ratios
- Volatility Trading
- Retracement strategy to potential reversal zones
Momentum Oscillators Analysis
- Use of indicators and oscillators in continuation and reversal strategies
- Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD)
- Relative Strength Index (RSI)
- Stochastic Oscillator
- Reinforce high probability trade zones with momentum oscillators
Flow of Funds Analysis
- Importance of volume in equities trading
- Use of volume and open interest in futures trading
- Use of volume related oscillators as a measurement of fund flow
- Volume spikes
- Understanding market sentiment and how sentiment affect price movement
- Integrating price action into sentiment analysis
- Apply sentiment analysis as part of an analytical framework for equities and futures
Assessment: MCQ (70% passing score)
Technical Skills & Competencies (TSC):
- Technical Analysis (Proficiency Level 4)
Binni Ong has more than 15 years of experience in providing trading education to both institutional and retail clients. She invests and trades in a wide array of instruments such as equities, forex and commodities. Binni has a Master of Business. With her strong training in quantitative and statistical skills, she has taken a deep interest in quantitative trading methods. In the area of trading, she has developed many mathematical-base systems and specialises in projective ratio analysis and price action techniques.
Ms Ong has been invited to speak by BNP Paribas, Lim & Tan Securities, CIMB Securities, Phillip Futures, OCBC Securities, Singapore Exchange and other financial institutions and brokerages. Miss Binni Ong is also regularly interviewed by business media such as Lianhe Zaobao and other Chinese dailies on her insights into equities and market conditions. She is also invited to give seminars and lessons overseas including Indonesia, Malaysia, and Hong Kong etc.
IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS)
This programme has been accredited under the IBF Standards, and is eligible for funding under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subject to all eligibility criteria being met. Candidates are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles.
Under the Enhanced Funding Support for IBF-STS and IBF Credit, MAS will enhance course fee subsidies for locals attending accredited or recognised courses up to 90%. IBF will provide an additional 5% in support in the form of IBF Credit, bringing the course fee subsidy up to 95%. This existing scheme will also be expanded to include workers in eligible FinTech firms.
Find out more on https://www.ibf.org.sg/programmes/Pages/IBF-STS.aspx
For further enquiries, please email email@example.com or call 6670-6808.
(Operating Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm)
Terms and Conditions
Singapore Exchange reserves the right to make changes to the time, date, syllabus, speakers, venue or cancel the course if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
All seminar/course registrations must be received by SGX Academy Secretariat 10 business days (unless otherwise stated) before the seminar/course commences. Singapore Exchange reserves the right to make changes to the time, date, syllabus, speakers, and venue or cancel the course if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.
Cancellation of a registration must be made in writing at least 10 business days before the event and a refund (less platform administrative fee) will be made. No refunds will be given for cancellations received less than 10 business days.
Data Protection Notice
Personal data collected will only be used for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested as by you. We may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you. We may disclose personal data to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the above-mentioned purposes.
For more information, please refer to https://www2.sgx.com/terms-use#SGX%20Privacy%20Policy
Registration and Payment
Please register online by clicking the “Register” button. Payment can be made via PayPal or offline (bank transfer).
For bank transfer, the account details are as follow:
Bank Name: OCBC
Bank Account Name: Salmon Thrust Pte Ltd – SGX Academy
Bank Account No.: 601-249881-001
Please state your name and order number on the comment section when you make the bank transfer.
After you have made the bank transfer, please email us the transaction ID (provided by the bank), the order number, and the course name to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrolment is contingent upon receipt by Singapore Exchange of the full payment and subject to seat availability. A confirmation email will be sent 5 business days before the course commences.