Trading High Probability Patterns with Price and Mathematical Analysis
Course Dates: 1 & 8 October 2022 (2 Days, Interactive Virtual Classroom Setting)
(Closing date for registration: 26 September 2022)
Time: 10.00am – 5.00pm
Course Fee: S$1,800.00 (inclusive of GST)
This course has been accredited under the Skills Framework for Financial Services and is eligible for funding under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subject to all eligibility criteria being met. Candidates are advised to assess the suitability of the course and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles.
For Singapore Citizen
|40 years old & above||Below 40 years old|
|Fees after 90% IBF-STS||Fees after 70% IBF-STS|
|Company-Sponsored||Self-Sponsored Individuals||Company-Sponsored||Self-Sponsored Individuals|
|S$285.98 *||S$180.00 *||S$622.43 *||S$540.00 *|
For Permanent Resident
|All Age group|
|Fees after 70% IBF-STS|
|S$622.43 *||S$540.00 *
IBF-STS provides up to 90% course fee subsidy for direct training costs subject to a cap of S$7,000 per candidate per course subject to all eligibility criteria being met.
- Eligible company-sponsored and self-sponsored individuals will be required to pay course fees net of enhanced course fee subsidies, subject to the prevailing grant cap.
* The eligibility for the IBF-STS Enhanced Funding Scheme are:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents that are physically based in Singapore.
- Successfully completed the course and passed the assessment with a minimum grade of 70%.
- Be always visible in the video recording of the course.
You will not be eligible for the course fee subsidy if you drop out halfway through the course or did not pass your assessment. SGX Academy is entitled to claw back the course fee subsidy from you.
This course aims to equip participants with full range of Technical Analysis knowledge and techniques for trading in equities and futures market. After the course and many practical sessions, participants will be able to formulate precise entry and exit plans in both lower (for intraday trading) and higher timeframe (for swing trading or investing).
To gain maximum benefits from the course, you are strongly recommended to have a trading account before attending the class.
- Individuals who have an interest in trading and investing in securities and derivatives instruments
- Traders, professionals, or fund managers who wish to acquire a complete trading method complimented by a full range of technical analysis techniques
- Individuals seeking to get started in professional derivatives trading
- 12 hours of training:
- 11.5 hours of virtual classroom training
- 0.5 hours of assessment
After-Course Support (One-Month Support After the Course)
- Perform demo/live trades and submit details of these trades on week 1 & 2 after completion of the course
- Zoom webinars every Monday and Thurs for a total of 4 weeks after the course to review on market conditions, update on index futures (SiMSCI) and Q&A (12 noon to 12.30pm)
- Recording will be provided if you can’t attend the after course support sessions (participants need to provide an email address to receive these recordings)
Key Learning Outcomes
- Formulate a trading plan from entry to exit for use in equities and derivatives trading using full range of technical analysis techniques.
- Understand different market conditions and be able to apply different trading frameworks in different market conditions.
- Apply many assumptions and theoretical frameworks of technical analysis and be versatile to trade in these different market conditions– trending, reversal or sideway market conditions.
- Combine trend analysis, chart pattern analysis and momentum analysis in both mid- to long-term investment and short-term trading to profitably trade many financial instruments.
- Articulate technical analysis results to relevant stakeholders.
- Live case studies on both equities and futures on how technical analysis could be applied in conjunction with other financial analysis to improve decision making.
Please click here for the programme brochure.
Binni Ong has more than 15 years of experience in providing trading education to both institutional and retail clients. She invests and trades in a wide array of instruments such as equities, forex and commodities. Binni has a Master of Business. With her strong training in quantitative and statistical skills, she has taken a deep interest in quantitative trading methods. In the area of trading, she has developed many mathematical-base systems and specialises in projective ratio analysis and price action techniques.
Click here to read more.
IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS)
This programme has been accredited under the IBF Standards, and is eligible for funding under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subject to all eligibility criteria being met. Candidates are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles.
Click here to read more.
About IBF Certification
This course addresses the following Technical Skills and Competencies (TSCs) and proficiency level:
- Technical Analysis (Proficiency Level 4)
Participants are encouraged to access the IBF MySkills Portfolio to track their training progress and skills acquisition against the Skills Framework for Financial Services. You can apply for IBF Certification after fulfilling the required number of Technical Skills and Competencies (TSCs) for the selected job role.
Find out more about IBF certification and the application process here.
Terms and Conditions
Click on the “Register” button to register online. There are 2 options for payment:
- PayPal (Credit Cards)
- Offline Payment (Bank Transfer)
You will receive an email with the subject title: “Acknowledgement of registration” upon completion of registration.
Bank account details as follows:
Bank Name: OCBC
Bank Account Name: Salmon Thrust PTE Ltd – SGX Academy
Bank Account No.: 601-249881-001
- Please state your name and registration ID on the comment
- Email the transaction reference ID together with the programme details to email@example.com
- Bank transfer must be made within 3 business days of the registration to confirm your enrolment for the course. The slot will be released without notice if payment is not made within 3 business days.
Enrolment is contingent upon receipt by Singapore Exchange of the full payment and subject to seat availability.
Confirmation of course
An update on the course will be sent to your email 1 week before the course start date.
Singapore Exchange reserves the right to make changes to the time, date, syllabus, speakers, venue or cancel the course if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
All seminar/course registrations must be received by SGX Academy Secretariat 10 business days (unless otherwise stated) before the seminar/course commences. Singapore Exchange reserves the right to make changes to the time, date, syllabus, speakers, and venue or cancel the course if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.
Cancellation of a registration must be made in writing at least 10 business days before the event and a refund (less platform administrative fee) will be made. No refunds will be given for cancellations received less than 10 business days.
Data Protection Notice
Please refer here.
Phillip Nova (formerly known as Phillip Futures) was inaugurated in 1983 as a member of PhillipCapital Group and is one of the founding clearing members of Singapore Exchange Derivatives Trading (SGX-DT). We have since grown to become one of the region’s top brokerages for the trading of Stocks, CFD, Forex, global Futures and Commodities.
For further enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6011-1536.
(Operating Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm)
By providing your personal information and registering and joining the course, you agree and authorise Singapore Exchange Limited (“SGX”) and/or its affiliates (collectively with SGX, the “SGX Group Companies”) to collect and use the information you have provided, and to share such information with the SGX Group Companies and/or the SGX Group Company(ies)’s event partner(s) (each, an “event partner”) and any other third parties with which the SGX Group Companies or the event partner(s) have service arrangements in connection with the course or other ancillary purposes, including the marketing of SGX Group Companies and/or event partner’s products and services to you.