Strategic and Tactical Asset Allocation
This e-training programme comprises 3 topics/tutorials. Answer all quiz questions at the end of each tutorial in order to complete the training.
A) Portfolio Management – Passive & Active Strategies
(Estimated Completion Time: 65 Minutes)
A portfolio’s objective is dependent upon an investor’s future cash flow requirements and their tolerance for risk. Whatever the objective, there are two basic strategies to choose from – passive or active.
This tutorial starts by taking a detailed look at indexing, a strategy adopted by the passive management community. We then move on to discuss the market timing mentality of active portfolio managers. We conclude by examining an alternative approach to active management.
B) Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA)
(Estimated Completion Time: 75 Minutes)
Strategic asset allocation (SAA) refers to the long-term allocation of a portfolio to various asset classes based on an investor or portfolio manager’s objectives and tolerance for risk. A portfolio’s strategic allocation incorporates a base policy mix that should remain unchanged even as the market moves up or down. This tutorial looks at the SAA decision, which is generally recognized as the most important decision in the investment process and the key determinant of portfolio performance. It describes in detail how portfolios can be rebalanced to their strategic mix and the various considerations around such rebalancing.
C) Tactical Asset Allocation (TAA)
(Estimated Completion Time: 50 Minutes)
Tactical asset allocation (TAA) is a dynamic investment strategy that involves deviating from a portfolio’s strategic asset allocation (long-term asset mix) to exploit short-term opportunities for generating excess return (alpha). This tutorial describes the basics of TAA, including the elements required to build a reliable and durable forecasting model on which tactical decisions may be based and the market/economic signals that indicate when such decisions should be triggered.
Terms and Conditions
1) Each e-training programme takes approximately 3 hours to complete.
2) In order to qualify for Continuing Education credits from SGX, please complete all quiz questions found at the end of each tutorial (a 70% pass rate is required) by 31 December 2018.
3) Access to the e-training materials is valid for 3 months from the date the access is issued. Trading Representative who requires Continuing Education Credit and registered at the last quarter of 2018, access is valid till 31 December 2018 (i.e. access given on 24 November 2018, access is valid till 31 December 2018).
4) Upon successful registration, an email with the access details and password would be sent to you within 2 working days.
5) If participants wish to make any changes to their application or request for a refund, written notice should be given within 10 business days of receiving the access ID and password to the online programme and provided the access has not been utilised. There will be an administrative fee of 20% of the fees paid. There will be no changes or refund if notice is given thereafter or if the access has been utilised.
6) Please login using Microsoft Internet Explorer from your PC or Laptop.
7) Please note that the learning management system is not compatible with browsers on Apple iOS or other operating systems.
8) For assistance please contact email@example.com or call 6327 5438.
SGX reserves the right to make changes to information regarding the programme if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.