The Basics of Investing
Designed for new investors, this seminar helps you learn the basics and guides you towards building your first investment portfolio.
1) The Ecosystem of Singapore Stock Market
- Relationship between listed companies, brokers, SGX and you
- What a transaction looks like
2) Your Investment Goals
- Understanding Growth versus Income investing
- Using financial ratios to differentiate between Growth versus Income stocks
- Using StockFacts to select your stocks
3) Your First Investment Products
- Key characteristics of Blue Chip stocks, Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- Buying your first stock with smaller board lot
- Investing consistently with Regular Shares Savings Plan
4) Your First Portfolio
- How to build a model portfolio – Growth versus Income
- Simple portfolio rebalancing techniques
5) Your Next Step
- Knowing your investor tools and resources
- Continuing education with SkillsFuture Singapore’s programmes
Theron Lam, CFA
Theron joined Schroders in July 2018 as a Product Development Manager. He has 11 years of working experience in the financial industry and his key areas of expertise include investment product development and structuring of mutual funds and exchange traded funds across all asset classes. Prior to joining Schroders, he worked for Amundi Asset Management as a Product Development Associate Director and his responsibilities include developing a product range that supports the regional distribution business of Amundi for both its retail and institutional clients. Theron started his career in the financial industry in 2007 as an Equity Product Specialist with the private banking unit of Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Theron is also currently a CFA charterholder.
For further enquiries, please email email@example.com or call 6327-5438.
(Operating Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm)
Terms and Conditions
Singapore Exchange reserves the right to make changes to the time, date, syllabus, speakers, venue or cancel the course if warranted by circumstances beyond its control.